Elders are established by God to be the spiritual leaders and provide oversight and biblical direction here at Chesapeake. From our Congregational meeting in February, five men have accepted the nomination for Elder, and our current Elders have determined that they meet the qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
The nominees for the Office of Elder are Dennis Sherman and Nathan Fair.
Each nominee now undergoes an extensive discernment process, and this is your opportunity to be part of it. By September 12, we strongly encourage you to set up a time to meet and interview each nominee. The nominees welcome the opportunity to meet with you as an individual or in small group settings, depending on what works best for you, your family, and your ministry teams.
Remember, those elected to the Office of Elder have a significant impact on the spiritual health of our church Body, so please make it a priority to set up an interview.
BY SEPTEMBER 12, you may set up a time to meet them via email.
Nathan Fair | email@example.com
Suggested Interview Questions:
(Read 1 Timothy 3:1-16 & Titus 1:5-9)
- Why do you feel called to the Office of Elder?
- Is your spouse/family supportive of you becoming an Elder?
- How long have you been a Christian?
- How did you come to faith in Jesus?
- Have you ever led someone to faith in Jesus?
- Do you tithe fully (10% of your gross household income)?
- Are you familiar with the Westminster Confession?
- Do you have any reservations regarding the Westminster Confession?
- Do you currently find yourself in conflict with any of the teachings or doctrines of Chesapeake Church?
- How will having the position of Elder affect your family and other commitments?
- Describe your prayer life and the importance of prayer in a Christian’s life?
- What unique gifts or talents do you bring to the Session?
- How can I pray for you?