Nominating and electing Elders is one of the most important things we do. At Chesapeake, we believe the Bible teaches that Elders are established by God as spiritual leaders who provide Biblical oversight and direction to our church community.
Our Elders have a significant impact on the spiritual health of our church body. Please make it a priority to set up an interview.
Chesapeake nominates elders every 2-3 years.
The Elders are thrilled to introduce Seth Randleman as your nominee for Elder.
Seth has been identified as potential Elders of Chesapeake and meets the qualifications shared in 1 Timothy and Titus. If you have never read the qualifications that the Bible lays out for nominating elders, please read the verses and take to heart God’s design for church leadership. Sometimes we have to pause and realize how good God is to us and how He goes before us in all things, including nominating elders.
Over the next several months he will be going through a time of study to discern this call. Please pray for Seth and his family, this is an important process.
Schedule an Elder Nominee Interview
We play a role in the elder nominees’ discernment process by interviewing them to get to know them, learn more about their faith journey, and hear why they feel called to the role of Elder.
We have tried to make it easier to schedule. Above is a link to Seth’s calendar. There are set days and times that he available to hold interviews. Simply pick a date and time and fill out the short form. A calendar invitation will automatically be generated, and automatic email reminders will be sent as well. If you have any issues, please email Elder Jon Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggested interview questions
- Why do you feel called to the Office of Elder?
- Is your spouse/family supportive of you becoming an Elder?
- How long have you been a Christian?
- How did you come to faith in Jesus?
- Have you ever led someone to faith in Jesus?
- Do you tithe fully (10% of your gross household income)?
- Are you familiar with the Westminster Confession?
- Do you have any reservations regarding the Westminster Confession?
- Do you currently find yourself in conflict with any of the teachings or doctrines of Chesapeake Church?
- How will having the position of Elder affect your family and other commitments?
- Describe your prayer life and the importance of prayer in a Christian’s life?
- What unique gifts or talents do you bring to the Session?
- How can I pray for you?