Who We Are
To reach unchurched people and help them grow into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
A growing Biblical community.
Our core values
- All people matter to God.
- Full devotion to Jesus Christ is normal.
- Excellence honors God.
The basis of our belief is the Bible in its original text, which is uniquely inspired by God, without error, and the final authority on all matters. As the Bible teaches, there is one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – each possessing all the attributes of Deity. The Son, Jesus Christ, lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily paid for our sin by dying on the cross as our substitute. By His sacrifice, Jesus accomplishes salvation for all who receive grace by trusting in Him alone. Jesus died, rose from the dead and ascended to heaven, where He exists as the only mediator between God and man. Jesus will return to earth to consummate history.
Reformed Theology & Westminster Confession of Faith is the theology expressed and professed at Chesapeake Church.
- We believe unequivocally in the authority of the Holy Scriptures in all matters pertaining to faith, doctrine and practice.
- We believe in the triune Godhead.
- We believe that God the Father, is the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior of the world, and the sole mediator between God and man.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe Jesus’ resurrection to be the focal point of all history, and the principal reality in the lives of all believers.
- We believe in the imminent return of Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit, in His past and present regenerative role in the lives of all believers in Christ. The Holy Spirit dwells within us and enables us to live a godly life.
- We believe man is justified by God’s grace through faith alone in the finished work that was accomplished by Christ at Calvary.
- We believe salvation is available to all people through repentance and faith in Christ. Salvation and cleansing from sin are available only through repentance and faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe the church is Christ’s body of believers on earth.
- We believe the Spirit of God inhabits His church.
- We believe God has ordained Baptism and Communion as the only two sacraments for His church.
- We believe all men will be resurrected to receive either eternal reward in heaven or eternal punishment in hell.
- We believe all followers of Christ should endeavor to demonstrate moral purity and exemplary behavior in every facet of their lives, in accordance with the Scriptures.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences.
Chesapeake Church Statement on Biblical Sexuality
At Chesapeake Church we believe the Bible to be the inerrant, perfect Word of God. As such the Bible is clear that God permits sexual expression between a man and a woman only and then only in the context of marriage. And while our doors are open to anyone who wishes to attend our services, and we recognize that it is impossible for us to know the details of everyone’s personal lives, we call upon and challenge all people to live out the sexual ethics taught in the Scriptures.
Please download the PDF docs below for the full text.